Monday, November 10, 2008

Making a blogging comeback...

WOW!! I thought I was bad before, but this is ridiculous! It has been 9mos since my last entry, and I figured I should update this although it's not read much. I promise if I ever get married, my "family" will be actively involved in the friend blogging sensation. So let me catch up anyone who might be bored enough to read this.
Over the summer was another fabulous beach trip to San Diego with fam and friends. The Bridges came again (I hope they are regulars from now on) and the Slades even showed up. Of course Hoop was there and our buddy Jared and his wife Candace came from Vegas. I also took a girl to the beach for the first time in 20 yrs of going! She and I were connected at the hip for pretty much all summer. Things appeared to be moving along nicely until a month ago. I decided after 5 mos of "hanging out" on a daily basis, we should be able call ourselves a couple or at least 'dating'. She is apparently still not over her EX and not ready for a serious relationship. So I was tired of walking, talking and acting like a couple if she couldn't put her heart in it too. Now I go once again into the wonderful world of singles dating...this shiz is getting WAY old!
In other news, work is wicked hard right now with the market in the crapper & everyone thinking we are headed for The Depression of '08-'09, but I'm hanging in there. The savvy investors are dumping money in & gonna be stupid rich 10 yrs from now, when this is all over! I also finalized my insurance licensing today, so anyone needing Life Ins, let me know.
My madre has a man-friend named Dave, whose pretty cool & they are kinda getting serious. The only thing that bugs me about him is the way he smacks his gum, but if that's all I can find wrong...that's pretty dang good. My sis April just had her second baby a while ago, boy number 2, named Graham.
That's pretty much the scoop for now. Headed to Vegas this weekend to compete in The World Series of Poker tournament, so wish me luck! It's a $20,000 buy in so I hope to at least make that much back. Poker at Quentin's house has taught me a lot over the last year, so we'll see how it goes. Yes it's a gamble but the winner gets 9million! And crap, the 10th place still gets like 750K.
- Life really is what you make of it. We can choose to be happy, or wallow in our self-pity. If life hands you lemons....trade them to someone else for oranges or apples or something else you really want. - ReT
Oh...and I was just playin about the poker. Lol.

7 comments:

Sara White said...

Milord-Welcome back!
Love Milady!

brett and carly said...

Wow - shocker! I thought that you had given up blogging entirely! Good to hear what you're up to... hang in there! :)

Vanessa said...

Since you are available now maybe we should give "us" a chance ;)

Terri said...

I'll have to add you to my list of blog friends again. I thought you had given up on the blogging thing for good. Oh and thanks for adding me to your list of friends at the beach--I see how I rate. : )

Stacy said...

Hey Aaraon,
I found your blog from Rachel's. I didn't think you ever checked it, but I guess it gets looked at once in a while. I was so happy to see you at Stake Conference. I was going to come say hi to you but once I turned around you were already gone. It seems like you life is crazy busy right now. Which is always nice to stay busy. What do you do for a living right now? I hope you keep this more updated. Take care.

slades said...

you had me going on the poker thing. I am glad you finally updated. nice to hear what you are up to.

Jake and Lynn said...

hallelujah! Thanks for the update...finally! Glad to know you're still alive. Yay for your Mom and her new interest, I love her! (I'm totally on board with the gum smacking, it's one of my top 3 pet peeves in life) I'm sorry work is crazy right now, I feel like all I hear about is recession, recession, recession. Props to anyone who can stick it out and make it through this crazy business (i.e my husband, you, my brothers). Keep the posts coming!