Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Do I Push Your Buttons?......

Well, I just got back yesterday from a quick trip through Las Vegas and Utah. I'm between jobs right now and don't want to get hired on anywhere for only two weeks, so I used some of my tax return money and took a trip! I figured "why not go!? Do something spontaneous!" So I thought I'd either go to Texas (where the Sis, Bro-in-law & nephew live), San Jose, CA or Utah. Seeing that the first two are some 20 hrs away (and I'd be driving alone), I went with Utah. Besides, I figured that way I could do a little snowboarding, hang out with some friends, take out a way cute girl on a date (which didn't really pan out...) and enjoy colder weather (it is winter in the rest of the country you know). First, I rolled to Las Vegas for a night and stayed with some friends, while making my way north to Utah. They're a younger married couple who are always fun to be with. After a night of cards, steak and chatting I went up to UT.
I had a bunch of things planned while I was up there, but none of them really worked out... Nobody was available to go boarding, so I almost went alone, until I remembered that I try to do crazy things and could likely get hurt without any help around. Then that cute girl I mentioned got stuck out of town overnight, which canceled the fun group date A Lowe and I had planned. The next day (Sunday) I was going to drive to Milad, ID to go flying in a private plane (a friend from my mission is LOADED!) but the weather was too ugly. Monday, everyone went back to school and work so I decided to drive home.
Although a lot of my "plans" didn't work out, I still had a good time. I hung out with Aaron Lowe a lot, watched "Lost" for the first time ever, saw the movie Be Kind, Rewind (with Jack Black), and even managed to spend a few hours with the cute girl Sunday night. We chilled at her place and talked a lot. She says I like to push peoples buttons, and I analyzed that on my way home (I'll save that for another post...coming soon).
I did TONS of thinking this trip! About life, work, family, future, etc. I took two audio books with me; one by the author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad and one called Think BIG and Kick Ass by Donald Trump. Both were good and got the brain juices flowing. All said and done, I'm glad I went. The thinking lead to a lot: I have a new idea for a book I'm going to write, decided that I wished the cute girl lived in AZ, figured out that American Idol is not for me, realized that I try too hard to do everything on my own, figured what my 3 wishes for a genie would be..., how to whistle using two fingers, figured out how to retire before 50, and that time travel really is possible with the curvature of the earth, space time continuum and one secret additional thing...
"Be a man of the sea.... not a man of the land. A man of the land simply follows the roads, but a man of the sea must chart his own course" -Ret

12 comments:

brett and carly said...

Nice.

Brittany and Scott said...

WHAT!!! you are already over american idol. i guess the slades won't be seeing you anymore tuesday nights.

slades said...

hey, we are in Idaho too you know. glad you had fun

Unknown said...

Hello Aaron!! You are just as retarded now as you were in high school!! now that i think of it...I haven't even seen you since high school!!! although you see my dad and brothers quite often!! Hey you should find a date and go out with us!!! Give me a call!!! Kristi

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake and Lynn said...

SOunded like the trip was worth it even though not everything went as planned. By the way...what do Jake and I have to do to get on your list of peeps? Are we not cool enough?:)

Sara White said...

Milord! Hi how are you! I have not seen you in forever! Hope lifes treating you good!
Love
Milady

b-ryce said...

Elder Retford!

Hey it is Bryce Barrand from your MTC district! How are you? How was Panama? Drop me a line at barrand at gmail . com

--Bryce

Jeremy Hoge said...

The mind is a dangerous weapon when released in such ways. I am glad you have found it :)

Jeremy Hoge said...

oh and tell the lady friend, buttons are made to be pushed... you just need to be prepared for what happens next

Billy and Teanne Fenter said...

Whats up man!? It's been a while...just getting into this blogging stuff and found...Thought I'd say Hi... http://www.fenterfamily.blogspot.com

http://www.williamfenter.com

barryblog said...

Aaron,
I don't know if you check this, but my school is in need of a DJ for an event and I was wondering if you would be interested. Call your mom for my number. Thanks
-Scottee