Monday, February 11, 2008

Just call me Hoover....cause I SUCK!!!!


Once again I have taken forever to update anything in this blog. A couple of people have mentioned they actually miss reading some of my colorful remarks, so I guess I'll start up again.
As some of you may have already read on Scotty's blog, I have been offered a position ad Edward Jones as a Financial Adviser. I am in the process of accepting, and I'm actually going to get fingerprinted as soon as I finish writing this entry. I quit my job about two weeks ago and have been riding out a severance deal, while waiting to hear back from EdJones. I've stayed busy (and sane....well as sane as I can) with other things: cut down a tree in Mom's backyard, fixed a quad, rebuilt a carburetor on a motorcycle, cleaned out my closet & dressers, cleaned out the fridge, was an MC at a huge charity event, DJ'ed a high school dance (I was looking for a wife, but no luck....j/k), etc... I just found out I can't start at Jones until March, so I'm going to be looking for a temp job this week. I was thinking 7/11, so I can have all the Slurpees I want... or maybe QT, where the fountain drink combos are virtually limitless... or maybe one of those guys that stands on the street corner twirling a sign around hoping people will stop at the business being promoted... or maybe I could work for Jamba Juice and stand on the corner wearing the big banana suit! Either way, I have a month to kill until I start at EdJones.
As for the rest of life, I doing fine. Still single and not dating that much anymore (and for those of you who assume, NO I don't have any make-out pals either). There's nobody around that I'm very interested in. I'm excited to start this new job, however I understand how difficult (and low paying) it is in the beginning. But, I know how rewarding it will be in the long run!!
I'll stop for now; Rachel F. once told me my blogs are WAY too long so that'll be it for now and maybe I'll post the rest tomorrow.
Shoot for the stars! That way if you come up short, you'll still land on the moon! - ReT

7 comments:

TheSlades said...

I dig the new blog, and the nice quite at the end.

J said...

Aaron the blogger, good luck at Edward Jones.

Brittany and Scott said...

i thought you added a video to your blog, what happened?

Sabrina said...

Hey there Stranger!! Found you off of Heather and Regan's Blog. Congrat's with the new job at EdJones. That should be an exciting venture. Keep posting...I enjoy them.

Sabrina said...

P.S. I have a poker picture like that. Don't forget it!!!! :)

Terri said...

I want that vacuum! And you should totally get a job at the QT!

brett and carly said...

Hola - long time no see :) Just found you while browsing around other blogs.... good luck at Edward Jones!