Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm like a kid chasing a dollar tied to a string...

Time again to post something... Here's the deal, I have figured out why I suck at 'blogging'.... I'm not married!! Lol. Really I think I only post something when there has been a change in my life. So I just got dumped on Monday, and now here I am updating... I feel like that kid chasing the dollar... you know the one that is tied to a string but he doesn't know it. Every time he gets close and thinks he can grab it, the jerk on the other end yanks it away, all the while laughing at the kids efforts. That seems to be my life with dating, and the illusive event known as marriage. The nurse I was dating got scared and broke up. It seems that if she has any doubt or fear, she takes it as a bad sign and says she is "unsure" and doesn't feel right. Again, it looks like it's time 'to learn something' from this crap and move on. At least work is going some what better. Those clients that have had the faith to trust me have done quite well over the past couple of months. I'm tired of hearing all the doomsayers and Chicken Little's! This is NOT the end of the United States. This is NOT going to be the great depression of 2009/2010. Yes it's a time to become more frugal and live more moderately, and those who invest wisely will come out of this GREAT!! Don't take my word for it though... that's just what Warren Buffett has said, (if you don't know who that is, he is richer than Bill Gates and is investing like crazy right now). So if you're interested let me know, if not with me, ask Scott Slade or Jake Halliday (Jason Slade is doing juuuuuust fine... help the newer guys). I guess that's it for now. I'll blog again when I find the next dollar bill to chase down the cursed street.
- ReT
"... We must believe we can succeed or, by definition, we have already failed." -John Huntsman

5 comments:

Sara White said...

Stupid girls!

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

isn't scott moving to texas? or am i thinking of a different slade?

sorry about your break up dude!!

slades said...

/sorry that the $ you've been chasing is gone, maybe there is a $100 bill just around the corner .
luv u

Jake and Lynn said...

Okay first things first...I love that you posted again I always love knowing what you've been up to. Second, Girls are dramatic head cases, trust me. I like my mama's advice above, there's a big fat Hundred Dollar Bill right around the corner (okay maybe not "big fat" but perfectly proportioned to your liking, but a Hundo none the less. Last, thanks for the setting the record striaght on this dooms day business, and for giving a shout out to the Jakester. Let us know if you're ever out on our side of Cali, we'd love to see you!

Candace- Bryan said...

Everytime I was "sure" I was never getting married I'd make a Plan B, like buying a house or deciding to try to adopt a kid on my own, and then BOTH times I'd end up married instead. Just keep moving forward.
:) Candace Gifford (now Williams)